The government on Friday hailed the Supreme Court verdict dismissing the need for a probe into the Rafale deal.
“Falsehood has very short life, in this case it was a few months… The disrupters have lost and lost on all counts,” Finance minister Arun Jaitley said at a press conference.
Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman said that the matter had been “completely laid to rest”.
Sitharaman said that the top court had made clear pleas against the decision-making, pricing and choice of offset partner in the Rafale deal did not hold.
“The court has clearly stated that the process has been complied with,” Sitharaman said.
In its verdict on Friday, the apex court had said that a detailed review of the Rafale deal was not required. A bench headed by Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi also said that it was satisfied with the decision-making process.
The Centre has defended the multi-billion deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets and opposed public disclosure of the pricing details.
India signed an agreement with France for the purchase of 36 Rafale fighter aircraft in a fly-away condition as part of the upgrading process of Indian Air Force equipment. The estimated cost of the deal is Rs 58,000 crore.